Enrichment Lessons at Nottingham Free School
Why do we have enrichment lessons at Nottingham Free School?
We aim to ensure all of our students achieve a good career through university or equivalent training. The combination of excellent academic qualifications combined with the wider skills developed during enrichment lessons gives all of our students the ability to fully develop all of the skills required by employers. Each enrichment lesson that students choose will develop at least one of these skills.
It is important that students choose lessons that will give them a rounded set of skills. Students are asked to take time to read through all of the options carefully before stating their preferences. We encourage students to think about what skills they need to develop as well as activities that they would enjoy. Students are given a presentation about all activities and a booklet that can be taken home so that parents are able to support them with their decisions. KS3 make options for a term. KS4 make options for the year. Options booklets for the Autumn Term 2016 and academic year 2016-2017 can be downloaded in the tabs to the right of this information.
- Self-motivation: taking responsibility for developing work readiness
- Self-assurance: having the tools and skills to present themselves to employers
- Aspiration: having high personal goals
- Informed: understanding the opportunities available and making realistic choices
- Experience: having experience of work that is rewarding and fulfilling
- Achieving: qualifications valued by employers
- Accountability: understanding how to take responsibility
- Resilience: understanding employers need for people who can listen and learn
- Entrepreneurial: working creatively to achieve personal and business potential
- Co-operation: developing effective communication and co working skills
- We've made the Regional Finals of The Great Big Dance-Off AGAIN!
Nottingham Albert Hall...Here we come! (Physical Education - 18/01/2018)
- City Schools' Cross Country Finals - HUGE SUCCESS
Notable performances and a great group effort! (Physical Education - 12/01/2018)
- Signposting - careers opportunities for 2018
The school receives a number of advertisements for private career events which are detailed below: (Careers - 03/01/2018)
- Our e-book is live!
The Creative Writing enrichment group publish their first e-book (Whole School - 14/12/2017)
- Maths Challenge Preparation
Next term sees the start of the preparation in the maths department for this year's UKMT challenges. (Mathematics - 11/12/2017)