PSHE Topic: Misogyny
Year 10 have been brilliant during this term as they have learned about misogyny within our society. They have been looking at lyrics within popular music, images in the media as well as language used everyday and have realised that misogyny is still deeply embedded in our culture. They have learned that misogyny doesn't just affect girls but also puts expectations on how boys are expected to behave. They are now more aware of their actions and sayings to make a change for the better for a more equal society for women and men.
- PSHE Topic: Misogyny
Year 10 learn how to make a change (21/11/2017)
- BIN IT!
Year 7 & 8 watch a Bin It! performance (19/10/2017)
- The BBC visits NFS!
The BBC came in last week to film a lesson on misogyny in society today. (25/09/2017)
- Year 8 options
Year 8 choose their options (16/03/2016)
- Bananas are even better than you thought!
Year 7 are learning how to make sugar swaps. (16/03/2016)
- Year 7 Netballers THROUGH TO THE CENTRAL VENUE LEAGUE FINALS!
Our first team to qualify through to the finals! (Physical Education - 06/02/2018)
- Victory at the Urban Debate League
Our first debate competition (Whole School - 30/01/2018)
- Year 10 netballers make us proud!
An unbelievable transformation! (Physical Education - 25/01/2018)
- Tickets now available - the great big dance-off east midlands final 2018
Come and support the girls in their regional final of the Great Big Dance Off (Physical Education - 25/01/2018)
- We've made the Regional Finals of The Great Big Dance-Off AGAIN!
Nottingham Albert Hall...Here we come! (Physical Education - 18/01/2018)
- City Schools' Cross Country Finals - HUGE SUCCESS
Notable performances and a great group effort! (Physical Education - 12/01/2018)
- Signposting - careers opportunities for 2018
The school receives a number of advertisements for private career events which are detailed below: (Careers - 03/01/2018)
- Our e-book is live!
The Creative Writing enrichment group publish their first e-book (Whole School - 14/12/2017)
- Maths Challenge Preparation
Next term sees the start of the preparation in the maths department for this year's UKMT challenges. (Mathematics - 11/12/2017)
- Cross Country...in the SNOW!
3/3 Nottinghamshire Schools' Cross Country Events Finished with SNOW! (Physical Education - 11/12/2017)