At Nottingham Free School we have two assessment weeks during the school year. These help us to track and monitor progress effectively and enable students to learn vital revision skills.
The first assessments for Year 7 will take place in the week commencing Monday 15th January 2018.
The first assessments for Year 8 will take place in the week commencing Monday 22nd January 2018.
The first assessments for Year 10 will take place in the week commencing Monday 29th January 2018.
These assessments are important and students should prepare appropriately by revising for every subject.
As part of the preparation for assessments every student receives a session on planning their revision time. During this they receive key revision information and help planning their revision timetable. Please click on the links below for a copy of each resource.
It is important to note that students will have time in lessons during the school day, their study support sessions and their usual homework time for revision. Their revision time should not greatly exceed the expected amount of time spent on homework in a normal week.
All students should ensure that:
- They plan and follow a revision timetable.
- They revise for each subject over the course of a week and spend some time every day revising. Little and often is the most effective technique.
- They know when and where their assessments will take place.
- They are on time for school and have the right equipment (pen, pencil, calculator, ruler, highlighter, pens etc. in a clear pencil case or bag)
- They speak to their teachers, well in advance of the assessment, to clarify anything they are unsure about or if they are feeling anxious.
- They understand the need for the highest standards of behaviour during the assessments. Poor behaviour will not be accepted and appropriate sanctions will be given if necessary.
- We've made the Regional Finals of The Great Big Dance-Off AGAIN!
Nottingham Albert Hall...Here we come! (Physical Education - 18/01/2018)
- City Schools' Cross Country Finals - HUGE SUCCESS
Notable performances and a great group effort! (Physical Education - 12/01/2018)
- Signposting - careers opportunities for 2018
The school receives a number of advertisements for private career events which are detailed below: (Careers - 03/01/2018)
- Our e-book is live!
The Creative Writing enrichment group publish their first e-book (Whole School - 14/12/2017)
- Maths Challenge Preparation
Next term sees the start of the preparation in the maths department for this year's UKMT challenges. (Mathematics - 11/12/2017)