Welcome to Year 10
Head of Year
- Miss S Cockayne
- Mrs D Machan
- 10.1 - Mrs A Clarke and Ms J Carter
- 10.2 - Mr M Hurst
- 10.3 - Ms N Harmer-Weston
- 10.4 - Miss C Radford
We pride ourselves in a real sense of community, respect and understanding for each other and aim to work hard and be kind all of the time. We endeavour to ensure that students work together and help each other to achieve their full potential academically, morally and socially.
The tutor is responsible for supporting the pupils in their care in all aspects of school life; academic, social and personal. They, alongside Heads of Department and subject staff, will monitor academic progress using data information circulated on a regular basis. We have a team of tutors, who are all teaching staff at the school. Tutors register their tutor set every morning and have time to discuss any concerns and prepare students for the day ahead.
We follow a weekly schedule for tutor time activities which provides students with an array of opportunities as well as support and guidance, in the following areas: attendance, positive and negative points, target setting and best achievement, homework and organisation, equipment, uniform, behaviour, active discussion time, quizzes and much more! Every week, one student from each tutor set is nominated as Star of the Week for achieving the most positive points the previous week. Every Friday, the tutor set with the best attendance overall are rewarded with flapjacks made by our kitchen staff.
THE HEAD OF YEAR
All of the tutor sets and tutors are led by our Head of Year, Miss S Cockayne. The Head of Year is responsible for co-ordinating the work of the year group as a whole and monitoring overall pastoral care, behaviour and progress.
The Head of Year ensures that the whole Year group work together effectively to ensure that all students feel safe and happy at school, whilst maintaining our school ethos and high standards of behaviour by working alongside the teaching staff. The Head of Year also helps to organise and oversee assemblies.
THE Achievement co-ordinator
The Achievement Co-ordinator, Mrs Machan, support the work of the Head of Year. The Achievement Co-ordinator also monitor achievement closely and ensures that students are rewarded for their hard work through our end of term achievement assemblies.
Attendance is a key factor in students' success at school. We monitor attendance very closely and students are expected to attend school every day and arrive on time each morning. Where possible, medical appointments should be made outside of school hours. An overall attendance of 96% or above will ensure that your child is making the best progress possible - anything below this is a cause for concern and your child will be missing key lessons and work.
Students should arrive at school well equipped and prepared for the day ahead. Parents and children together should ensure that they have the following:
- School bag, pencil case and equipment - pens, pencils, ruler, rubber, sharpener, green pen etc.
- Correct uniform - black formal shoes, black trousers or skirt, white shirt, jumper, blazer and tie.
- No jewellery (except one pair of stud earrings if required.) No accessories or nail varnish.
- The correct books for lessons
- Homework folder
- Water bottle/flask
- Packed lunch/snack/money for school dinners
- Dark coloured outdoor jacket for bad weather
- Charged iPad
- Reading book
- INSET Days
- Year 10 Curriculum Overview
- Year 10 Parent Welcome Letter
- General Introduction Letter
- Key Days and Times - End of Term and New Academic Year
- Uniform Changes
- Reverse Advent Challenge
- Year 10 Activities Week 2018
- Joining Instructions for DofE Silver Walking Qualifying Expedition 20 - 22 July 2018
- Joining Instructions for DofE Silver Walking Practice Expedition Extension Day 6 July 2018
- Joining Instructions for DofE Silver Walking Practice Expedition 6 - 8 July 2018
- Uniform 2018/19
- Sherwood Arts Week Exhibitors
- Year 10 Parent's Evening
- Year 5 Open Evening Helpers
- GCSE Geography Field Trip to Hornsea
- Spring Concert Performers 2018
- DofE Medical Consent Form
- DofE Silver & Gold Walking Expeditions Recommended Kit List
- DofE Silver Navigation Joining Instructions
- Science Intervention letter
- Big Bank Fair 15/03/18
- Tutor Review Day Times March 2018
- Tutor Review Day March 2018
- Year 10 February 2018 Spainish Assessments
- Anti-Bullying Programme
- Christmas in the City 2017
- Christmas Concert Volunteers 2017
- Jekyll and Hyde Theatre Trip
- Ambition Nottingham Trip 2017
- Year 10 Work Experience
- GCSE Music - Wicked Trip
- Pantomime Trip 2017
- EV4 Renewal Letter and From
- Year 10 Spanish Assessment
- Duke of Edinburgh Silver Information Letter
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Information Letter
- Year 10 GCSE Art Contribution
- iPad Information Letter
- Yera 6 Open Evening Student Helpers
- Important Information - Dates & Timings
- 11/11/19 - 15/11/19 Anti Bullying Week
- 26/11/19 Year 7 Parents Evening - School finishes at 14:15
- 4/12/19 INSET Day
- 5/12/19 Year 11 Parents Evening - School finishes at 14:15
- 12/12/19 School & Community Christmas Event
- 13/12/19 School breaks up for Christmas - 14:50
- 6/1/20 School returns - 8.20am - 3.35pm (First day only)
- 8/1/20 Year 12 Parents Evening - School finishes at 14:15
- 16/1/20 Year 11 Parents Evening - School finishes at 14:15
- 12/2/20 Tutor Review Day
Year 10 News
- No recent news stories.