Uniform and Equipment
Purchase of school uniform
We wish to advise we have changed the official supplier of our school uniform to; Academy School Uniforms who are a subsidiary of Just-School Wear Ltd.
Their service available includes;
- Online ordering from www.just-schoolwear.co.uk – with the option of ‘Free Delivery to School’ (Term Time only)/Direct to Home via DPD (delivery charged)/free ‘Click & Collect’ in store ‘Arnold or Bulwell’
- Pop-up Shop’s – in school towards the end of the school year whereby fully trained staff will be on hand to help & advise on fitting/sizing. Payments will be taken by either cash or card.
- Retail store – Just Schoolwear 12 High Street Arnold Nottingham NG5 7DZ -
Please await your text/telephone call before collecting your order.
With effect from September 2019 you will no longer be able to purchase uniform through school, with the exception of existing students who may be referred on to us by Academy School Uniforms whilst we still hold current stock in their size. We will also continue to hold a supply of ties to purchase in school.
The new website is www.just-schoolwear.co.uk
If you have any questions regarding the purchasing of our uniform, please do not hesitate to contact Academy School Uniforms on 0115 9652869 and their customer service team will be happy to help you.
We have also decided to introduce standardised school trousers with the Nottingham Free School logo which will be the only trousers permitted to be worn in school from September 2019 for all year 7s and to be phased in for existing students in years 8 - 11, whereby we expect all students to be wearing the school regulation trousers by 6 January 2020. This is due to the increasing inconsistency in trousers worn to school which do not meet our uniform policy. Trousers can be purchased from Academy School Uniforms, as above.
Payment can be made by cash or card.
The school uniform and dress code
- School Blazer - School regulation grey blazer, with official school badge (compulsory), purchased through Academy School Uniforms
- School Tie - purchased through Academy School Uniforms or direct from school
- School Regulation Skirt –School regulation black knee length skirt, with official school badge (compulsory for girls wishing to wear a skirt - no other skirt style is permitted), purchased through Academy School Uniforms
- School Regulation Trousers - School regulation black trousers for boys and girls with official school badge (no other trousers, jeans or skinny fit trousers are permitted, purchased through Academy School Uniforms
- Shirt – formal white, long or short sleeves with stiff collar
- Jumper – School regulation grey V-neck (non-compulsory) purchased through school
- Socks – plain black
- Shoes – plain black lace-up or slip-on shoes in a formal style. Please note that boots, fabric/pump style shoes or trainers are not permitted. Please click here for examples.
- Coat – (non-compulsory) – plain dark raincoat, duffel or anorak. A discreet logo is permissible. Coats are generally not to be worn in or around school during the working day. Denim, leather jackets and hoodies are not permitted. These items will be confiscated and placed in the school safe until parents are able to collect them.
- Hat – Summer hat: Students may wear suitable hats for protection from the sun in the summer months to and from school and when outside of the building during break times. These may be agreed with the student’s Head of Year. Winter hat: plain winter hat. Baseball caps are not permitted in any circumstances, including journeys to and from school.
- Headscarf (for religious reasons) – plain black or light grey head scarf
- School regulation Black/Royal Polo Shirt (unisex or girls fit) with official school badge (compulsory), purchased through Academy School Uniforms
- School regulation Unisex Black Hoodie with official school badge (compulsory), purchased through Academy School Uniforms
- One or more of the following as required, purchased through Academy School Uniforms;
- School regulation Black/Royal Shorts, with official school badge
- School regulation Black/Royal Skort, with official school badge
- School regulation Black Leggings, with official school logo
- School regulation Black/Royal Tracksuit Bottoms with official school badge
- Royal Blue long sports socks (compulsory) purchased through Academy School Uniforms or elsewhere
- Short White sports socks (compulsory) can be purchased elsewhere
- Appropriate outdoor trainers with ankle supports/football boots (not plimsolls or high top trainers) with non marking soles
- Other - Navy or Black 'skin tops', woolley hat, gloves (where this is appropriate for the activity) can be worn in colder weather, shin pads, mouth guard (optional but recommended)
At times of extreme heat students will be informed by the Head of School when ties and blazers may be taken off in school. However, it is expected they will be worn on journeys to and from school and on school trips.
Any use of a mobile phone – whether it is for calls, messaging, photographs, video films or games – is strictly prohibited during the school day. Any abuse of the above rules or if a mobile phone is seen will result in the phone’s immediate confiscation. Students who object to this will incur sanctions for uncooperative behaviour. School does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to these items, should this rule be broken and these items should not be brought in to school. Sanctions will be issued if a mobile phone is used in school, during either lesson times or recreation. It will be confiscated, and a parent/carer required to collect the item from the school office.
Students may wear a watch (no apple devices) and a plain pair of gold/silver (no jewels) stud earrings but no other jewellery is permitted due to health and safety issues and liability in case of loss. Therefore, if students wish to have any part of their body pierced they must arrange this at the beginning of the Summer holidays so that the wound has sufficient time to heal. Plasters may not be worn to cover body jewellery. If students disregard this they will be isolated from other students until they comply with the regulation.
Hairstyles and Attire
Baseball caps are not permitted in any circumstances.
Hairstyles and hair colour should not be extreme. Parents should consult, in advance, with the Head of Year if they are unsure as to the suitability of a change of style. The school shall be the arbiter of the term ‘extreme’.
As part of this we do not allow students to have their hair or sections of their hair to be dyed with a non-natural hair colour.
If students disregard this they will be isolated from other students until they comply with the regulation.
For Health & Safety reasons make-up and nail polish are not permitted. In exceptional circumstances light foundation will be permitted to disguise skin complaints (a medical note from the GP will need to be provided for this).
Students are expected to have the following items everyday:
- a pencil case containing: two pens (blue or black ink), a green pen, two pencils, a whiteboard marker pen (drywipe), pencil sharpener, rubber and a ruler
- a scientific calculator
- their fully charged iPad (if applicable)
- their student planner which should be signed at home on a weekly basis
- a reading book for our daily DEAR (drop everything and read) session
At various times they may also need a protractor and a pair of compasses.
- WE’RE SUPPORTING THE ROSES!
Vitality Netball Nations Cup (Physical Education - 19/01/2020)
- Cultural News
Sierra Nevada Ski Resort (Modern Foreign Languages - 15/01/2020)
- Headteacher of the year!
Nottinghamshire Live Education Awards (Whole School - 14/01/2020)
- Spanish exchange trip
Plans for a Spanish exchange trip are under way... (Modern Foreign Languages - 13/01/2020)
- Oliver Twist!
Introducing a challenging classic to Y7 (English - 10/01/2020)