Y9 Classics Challenge!
We have recently set our A half Y9s a Classics Challenge! Their task is to read one of the classic novels each half term and write a short review of it. Many of them have already decided which one they are starting with and it's great to see them excited about reading. The list of ten books is here; feel free to join in!
- Brighton Rock by Graham Greene
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Kestrel for a Knave by Barry Hines
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde theatre trip
Y9 and 10 enjoyed a trip to the Theatre Royal yesterday (22/03/2018)
- Children in Need!
Students had a great day raising money for Children in Need! (21/11/2017)
- Free books for Year 7!
All of our Y7 students have recieved a free book this week (02/11/2017)
- Student Council Appointments
Congratulations to our new Student Council members! (19/10/2017)
- National Poetry Day
Poetry at Nottingham Free School (29/09/2017)
- Reading Journals
All students now have reading journals! (22/09/2017)
- NFS Election
We have been voting in our own mock election! (08/06/2017)
- Y8 Author Visit!
Local author Stephan Collishaw visits Nottingham Free School (31/03/2017)
- Carnegie Award 2017!
Can you read all eight? (27/03/2017)
- Y9 Classics Challenge!
How many have you read? (02/03/2017)
Year 10 have been working hard on their coursework sketchbooks (Art - 21/05/2018)
- 3rd out of all city schools!
Y8-10 city athletics tournament (Physical Education - 16/05/2018)
- Year 8 get creative with silk
Silk paintings (Art - 03/05/2018)
Some year 7 students enjoy learning vocabulary with a twist... (Modern Foreign Languages - 03/05/2018)
- Spring Concert 2018!
Come and support the talent at NFS! (Music - 20/04/2018)
- Year 10 get ready for the world of work!
Pupils plan and write their CVs (PSHE - 19/04/2018)
- Year 8 learn how to stay safe on line
Digital footprint (PSHE - 19/04/2018)
- Natural form photography
Year 9 work on their photography skills capturing spring! (Art - 17/04/2018)
- E.on Creative Conductors Workshop
Year 7 (Science - 15/04/2018)
- Big Bang 2018
NEC Birmingham (Science - 15/04/2018)